Friday, March 29, 2013

BJP #8


 I had put aside the stars to work on other projects for a couple of months until I received for my birthday in January the book by Thom Atkins called Beading Artistry for Quilts and was inspired again to continue on my BJP for 2012.Last year, I made the trip  to LaConner Quilt Museum on the very last day of Thom's exhibit and I was awestruck by the size of these works of art. I took many photos but beads lose their lustre in photos. I only wish I could have touched them and felt the texture. I did however get to meet Thom and his wife and I got to show him some of my stars ( just happened to have some in my purse) and he was interested in my inspiration for those pieces. I highly recommend the book to read about his inspirations and if they show the works anywhere in your area, I would say, go and see them up close.



The second star I have completed is called Tide  Pool.I once visited a beach on the coast of Oregon and the tide was out and I crawled up on the rocks with the rest of the kids to gaze and be amazed at the colorful and lively little creatures hiding among the rocks.This was my vision for this star. I like the way it turned out.So here is Tide Pool.

Tide Pool
Tide Pool detail

1 comment:

  1. Love your star. I love all things to do with the sea, so its a winner with me. Happy Beading!!

    ReplyDelete